Against Criminal Charges
Criminal Defense in New York:
Charges, FAQs and Information
If you are arrested or are facing criminal charges in Queens, New York, you need answers fast. You may review detailed information regarding a variety of criminal defense matters, but nothing can replace an honest assessment of your unique situation from a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney. Learn About New York Criminal Law Find information on choosing a criminal defense lawyer, penalties, and frequently asked questions in the criminal defense information pages below:
- Why Do You Practice Criminal Law?
- What Are the Top Misconceptions About Being Arrested for a Crime?
- Should Someone Ever Speak to the Police in the Absence of a Lawyer?
- A Step-By-Step Breakdown of the Criminal Process Following an Arrest
- What Happens in the First 24 Hours After an Arrest?
- Should Someone Start Voluntary Counseling Before Their Court Date?
- Frequently asked questions about criminal law
- Common crimes In New York
- Common misconceptions about criminal law
- Talking to the police
- Fines and sentencing questions
- Eyewitness errors are a common cause of wrongful convictions in New York
- Avoid these mistakes when hiring a defense attorney
- Cooperating with your lawyer
- Questions to ask your defense lawyer
Criminal charges our law firm handles include:
- Airport Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Drunk Driving / DWI
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Theft and Shoplifting
- Traffic Violations
- Trucking Violations
- Weapons Crimes
- Gun Arrests at Airport
- Talking to the Police
- What Is an Order of Protection?
- Will There Be A Hearing? If So, What Happens At The Hearing?
- What Has Your Experience Been in Handling Murder, Homicide and Manslaughter Cases?
- What Are Possible Defenses That You Can Use in Criminal Cases?
- What Can Someone Expect When They Call Your Office for a Criminal Case?
- What Are Some Additional Legal Expenses in a Criminal Case?
Discovery In Criminal Cases:
- How Important Is Discovery in a DWI or Criminal Case?
- How Do You Proceed in a Criminal Case After Reviewing Discovery?
Pleas In Criminal Cases:
- Why Have I Not Been Charged Yet if I Was Arrested a Week Ago?
- Why Are Sentences Reduced When Someone Pleads Guilty?
- Should I Plead Guilty to Avoid the Time and Expense of a Trial?
For quality criminal defense assistance that address your unique needs in Queens, New York, contact The Law Office of Martin D. Kane at (718) 793-5700. Our criminal defense lawyers and criminal law attorneys understand criminal law in New York and they can defend your criminal case. Call us to speak to a criminal defense attorney or lawyer right away.
Fill out the contact form or call us at (718) 793-5700 to schedule your free consultation.